The APS Networks® APS2140D switch combines high speed programmability of the Intel® Tofino™ 1 network ASIC with the versatility of the Intel® STRATIX® 10 FPGA data accelerator for packet processing, communication service providers and enhanced network security requirements.
The APS2140D is a high-end fully programmable network appliance for use cases that require high throughput with powerful processing.
Target industries: Telecommunication, broadcast, security.
- Carrier routing applications for 5G and BNG telecommunication solutions
- Network security applications including deep packet inspection and DDoS identification
- In Network Processing for Data Centre acceleration with AI/ML solutions
The APS2140D is a truly unique unit. Here we combine a Tofino™ 1 chipset with a Stratix® 10 MX FPGA, which comes with 8GB of high-bandwidth memory, and we added additional 4GB Accelerated Engine memory by MoSys. It is connected directly to the FPGA, what makes it faster than conventional QDR IV memory. That way, it enables a large buffer capability to build solutions for telco Broadband Network Gateway (BNG) use cases, that require buffering and the support of HQoS. The switch will support speeds of 1G, 10G and 25G on the SFP ports by default (most likely we will even support 10 and 100Mbit, too).
- Intel® Tofino™ 1 dual pipeline 1.8Tb/s network ASIC
- Intel® ATOM C3538 or Xeon D-1700 CPU processor
- 6x 25Gb/s SFP28 and 6x 100Gb/s QSFP28 ports
- OpenBMC Management
- Fully programmable P4 architecture
- Folded pipeline capable
- Unique half-width switch design
- PTP Time Synchronisation (optional)
The APS2140D is available in three service models:
• As a totally open platform for users to develop their own applications
• With additional services and examples from APS Networks® for interface models and architecture applications
• Or with applications such as multigig port speed and memory managers for Quality of Service applications
The APS2140D network switch from APS Networks® enables the programmability of the Intel® Tofino™ network ASIC using P4 with the versatility of the Intel® Stratix® 10 FPGA. Combining these technologies in a single 1U high network switch offers the user a unique and capable appliance for many applications, including enhanced Quality of Service (QoS) with deep buffer capability for broadband applications, the ability to perform Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) or the development of security applications.