APS Networks provides powerful, Intel® Tofino™-based platforms for open source network innovation.
Fully P4 programmable data plane on a powerful hardware base that you can trust.
Scalable, Cost-Effective Network Processing on only one platform, replacing a network stack.
Programmable Networking is the new focus for innovation in computing. As traditional compute power struggles to keep pace with network speeds and data volumes, the only sustainable solution is to offload some of the burden onto more intelligent networking solutions.
Over the next decade, networking technology will become an even more vital part of competitive advantage across a swathe of industries. But in contrast to past waves of network innovation, the programmable data plane is being developed through open collaboration.
Don't get left behind....
- A Smart City is a city that is deeply connected by network devices throughout its fabric. This is a city that has the potential to reconfigure itself to suit changing needs. Our range of switches answer these needs. We use the P4 network programming language in our devices to allow network operators to develop intelligent network topologies.Andrew Heal
- The Intel Winners Circle for 2021 has been announced, and we are thrilled to be recognized within the Solution Partners in the Intel Network Builders category. Our Dedicated P4 switching platform was recognized for rapid market adoption and pioneering industry co-development projects.Alexander Jeffries
- P4, the open source programming language (which sits at the heart of APS technology) has found itself a new home within the Open Networking Foundation (ONF). We all know, any choice of home is about ‘location, location, location’ - and we think the ONF offers the most exciting new neighbourhood for this project.Sarah Wagner
- Time has always been at the core of our devices. Our current range of switches have a time accuracy of four nanoseconds; that's only slightly longer than it takes light to travel a meter. But we feel light is tardy and takes _far_ too long to get places. Our next generation switches will enable astonishing levels of time accuracy, enabling a whole new generation of time-sensitive applications.Andy Heal
- The P4 programming language is the most significant step change for the Networking industry in decades. APS Networks is proud and excited to be sponsoring the upcoming virtual 3rd P4 Workshop in Europe (EuroP4). EuroP4 Workshop, which will be hosted online on the 1st of December as part of the CoNEXT 2020 virtual event.Sarah Wagner
- The start-up Barefoot Networks is no more, but is now a business unit in the Data Platforms Group within Intel and the range of P4-programmable Tofino™ switches is very much here to stay.Sarah Wagner
- With the emerging generation of programmable switches you maintain the normal switching protocols; we are not reinventing the wheel here. But you can overlay your own network logic to be executed simultaneously, at blistering wirespeed throughput.Andy Heal
- APS Networks is about using our blend of development skills in hardware, firmware/embedded, OS and application software, to help blow the world of closed networking wide open.Alexander Jeffries