The APS Networks® APS2112D switch comes with the high-speed programmability of the Intel® Tofino™ 1 network ASIC in a unique half-width switch design, offering the smallest form factor Tofino™-based switch available.
The APS2112D is a high-end fully programmable network appliance for use cases that require high throughput with powerful processing.
Target industries: Broadcast, security and others.
- Ideal entry switch for getting accustomed with P4
- Network security applications including deep packet inspection and DDoS identification
- Broadcast applications (IP Studio / OB vans)
- Any kind of application that requires full redundancy in 1U rack space by installing two units next to each other.
"Half-width Unit" One of the first new units we will release is the APS2112D – It is a so-called “half-width unit”, which has 6x10/25Gb/s and 6x100Gb/s ports. The switch can be equipped with our new PTP board, which supports all current PTP profiles and it supports time-sensitive networking (TSN). Several of those customers did decide to go with our Tofino™ + FPGA unit, which is the APS2140D.
- Intel® Tofino™ 1 dual pipeline
1.8Tb/s network ASIC
- Intel® ATOM C3538 or Xeon D-1700 CPU processor
- 6x 25Gb/s SFP28 and 6x 100Gb/s QSFP28 ports
- OpenBMC Management
- Fully programmable P4 architecture
- Folded pipeline capable
- Unique half-width switch design
- PTP Time Synchronisation (optional)
We are the sole manufacturer and vendor of these units. Until today no one else in the world has designed a half-width Tofino™-based network switch. It is vision to make P4 switches affordable to anyone who wants to start writing and deploying P4 code on a real P4 target device rather than just using bmv2. It further allows customers to have a fully redundant setup in a 1U formfactor.